Tuesday, December 28, 2010

with love, twenty ten

2 0 1 0
What an amazing year. I'd have to say that this year has been just magical - the best of my life thus far :) Can't say I'd change any of it - even the rough patches. I learned and grew so much over the past twelve months. I can honestly say that I have no regrets. What are my top three memories of the year? I'd have to say:

1) Grad - finishing my time at PA and being able to celebrate the milestone with dear friends at the most amazing graduation celebration ever.

2) the Olympics - I'd never felt more proud to be Canadian. I got to know Vancouver better. I was able to witness the most amazing moments and live the once-in-a-lifetime experience that was Vancouver 2010 - best Olympic Games ever, in my opinion ;)

3) starting University - my new life as a student nurse, meeting the most amazing girls that I can't wait to spend the next four years with. A couple of them? Ya we'll be friends for life. :) Realizing the path and passion God has given me and the excitement of knowing why I'm on this earth.

And in between are the moments that aren't necessarily spectacular the traditional sense, but oh so precious. Special moments that create a mosaic of memories impossible to forget. Like walking with you downtown on our way to Stars on Ice, starbucks chats about life, your call just to say you care, sitting on the dock in Casa Loma with the sun on my face and no worries on my mind, playing tennis with my bro, writing good exams, moments of listening and walking with God - these are the moments that made 2010 an unforgettable year.
I know that not every year will be like 2010 - this year was a mountain top, but who knows? 2011 might be a valley. But no matter what, God will be right beside me through all the different terrains of life. So that makes it okay.

2 0 1 1 :
What will you bring? I have no clue. I'm hopeful for the future, even though I know there will be struggles and hard times too. But deep down, I feel like this coming year too will be one I'll never forget :) So let's bring it - I'm ready to go on this ride with you :)


No comments:

Post a Comment