Monday, March 28, 2011

you're taller than that

Sometimes we use the wrong stick to measure ourselves. I mean, everyone does it. I do all the time. And I need to constantly remind myself that that's not what life's about. We're striving so hard to measure up to everything the world tells us we need to be. But really, there's only one measuring stick that matters - God's. He tells us we're valuable no matter what we look like, what clothes we wear, how smart we are, or what car we drive. He loves us for who we are and tells us that success isn't about becoming number one - smartest, richest, prettiest and most wellknown or well-liked. No. In the end, all of that stuff will fade. All that will remain is God's love and how we lived in reflection of it. Just do your best. That's all God expects of you. It's good to set high goals - don't get me wrong. I always have high expectations of myself. And that's a good thing. But sometimes I put my self worth into those expectations and I need to realize that I don't need them to complete me - I'm already made complete in Him.
Loving God. Loving others. SERVING. That's the true stuff of life.
I can't ever forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment