Sunday, May 29, 2011

awaken

What a blessing to be in church this morning. How blessed I am to be able to meet with other believers and encourage one another in faith. Some Sunday mornings, I am reluctant to get up early for Church. I feel guilty deep down about this, but as soon as I step into the presence of God and His people, I ask myself: "How could I go through a week without this?" I am encouraged by the Words of the Scriptures that say: "Wherever two or three are gathered together in My Name, there I am in there midst." The words of one of my highschool teacher's words came to me as well this morning: "You can't go through the Christian walk alone; you need brothers and sisters in Christ to support you along the way or you won't survive."
These words resonate to me such truth. How encouraging it is to share the struggles and joys of life with other believers who can help build you up in your faith. How foolish I have been to think that I could be a lone ranger Christian. I feel strengthened in my faith to hear how God is working in the lives of my dear brothers and sisters in Christ.
Today, I feel God calling out to me saying "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to decern God's plan for your life - His good, pleasing, and perfect will."

No comments:

Post a Comment